- ACRL Psychology Information Literacy Standards — http://crln.acrl.org/content/71/9/488.full
- AllPsych ONLINE — http://allpsych.com/
- APA Diagnostic Classification DSM-IV-TR — http://www.behavenet.com/capsules/disorders/dsm4TRclassification.htm
- APA Guidelines for the Undergraduate Psychology Major — http://www.apa.org/ed/psymajor_guideline.pdf
- APA Psychology Topics — http://www.apa.org/topics/
- Assessment CyberGuide for Learning Goals and Outcomes — http://www.apa.org/ed/governance/bea/assessment-cyberguide-v2.pdf
- Classics in the History of Psychology — http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/
- Encyclopedia of Psychology — http://www.psychology.org/
- Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct — http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx
- ICD-9-CM online — http://www.eicd.com/EICDMain.htm
- Mayo Clinic: Diseases and Conditions — http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/DiseasesIndex/DiseasesIndex
- Medline Plus Medical Encyclopedia — http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/encyclopedia.html
- Merck Manuals: Psychiatric Disorders — http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/psychiatric_disorders.html
- Online Psychology Lab (APA) — http://opl.apa.org/
- Print and Online Psychology Journals accessible from the CSUB Periodicals List — http://xw2kh2mk5x.search.serialssolutions.com/?V=1.0&L=XW2KH2MK5X&N=250&S=SC&C=SO0138
- Psychology Online Books — http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/browse?type=lcsubc&key=Psychology
- UC Press E-Books Collection, 1982-2004 (Psychiatry) — http://publishing.cdlib.org/ucpressebooks/search?subject-ucp=Psychiatry;subject-ucp-join=exact;rights=;sort=title;style=eschol;brand=eschol
- UC Press E-Books Collection, 1982-2004 (Psychology) — http://publishing.cdlib.org/ucpressebooks/search?subject-ucp=Psychology;subject-ucp-join=exact;rights=;sort=title;style=eschol;brand=eschol
Posted by sbozarth2 on October 3, 2016
Posted by sbozarth2 on September 12, 2016
- Career Resources — http://www.apa.org/careers/index.aspx [American Psychological Association]
- Online Psychology Career Center — http://www.socialpsychology.org/career.htm [Social Psychology Network]
- Psychologist occupational outlook (Occupational Outlook Handbook) — http://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/psychologists.htm
Posted by sbozarth2 on September 5, 2016
- PsycINFO — http://voyager.lib.csub.edu/cgi-bin/psycinfo_pre.pl — Most important database for the research literature in psychology and related fields.
- PsycARTICLES — http://voyager.lib.csub.edu/cgi-bin/psycart_pre.pl
- PILOTS database — http://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/pilots-database/ — This database is an electronic index to the worldwide literature on PTSD and other mental health consequences of exposure to traumatic events. Unlike other databases, PILOTS does not restrict its coverage to articles appearing in selected journals. It attempts to include all publications relevant to PTSD and other forms of traumatic stress, whatever their origin without disciplinary, linguistic, or geographic limitations.
- PubMed — http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez/ — Most important database for biomedical research literature.
Posted by sbozarth2 on September 5, 2016
- Current Topics in Psychology — http://www.fenichel.com/Current.shtml
- Neuropsychology Central® — http://www.neuropsychologycentral.com/
- Neurosciences on the Internet — http://www.neuroguide.com/
- Psych Central — http://psychcentral.com/
- Psych Web — http://www.psywww.com/
- Social Psychology Network — http://www.socialpsychology.org/
Posted by sbozarth2 on August 30, 2016
- American Psychological Association — http://www.apa.org/
- Association for Psychological Science — http://www.psychologicalscience.org/
- Western Psychological Association — http://www.westernpsych.org/
- Other Psychological Societies — http://psych.hanover.edu/Krantz/psy.html
- State and Provincial Psychological Associations — http://www.apa.org/about/organizations/associations.aspx
Posted by sbozarth2 on August 29, 2016
Posted by sbozarth2 on August 8, 2016
- American Psychological Association (APA) Style Workshop — http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/664/1/
- Workshop that covers all aspects of using APA style in academic papers and reports, including explanations of the various parts of a literature review and experimental report, information about citing sources in the text of your paper and formatting your reference list, help with using tables and figures, and a sample literature review with comments. Purdue University Online Writing Lab.
- APA Powerpoint Slide Presentation — http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/17
- Powerpoint presentation that reviews the purposes of APA documentation as well as methods for effectively using parenthetical citations and a reference page.
- APA Formatting and Style Guide — http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- Guide to APA style for writing the research paper and citing sources. Purdue University Online Writing Lab.
- The Basics of APA Style tutorial — http://www.apastyle.org/learn/tutorials/basics-tutorial.aspx
- Covers commonly asked questions regarding how to cite using the 6th edition of the APA Publication Manual.
- Other Sites Covering APA Format
- Presents a concise guide to APA writing and citation style.
- Knight Cite: APA — http://www.calvin.edu/library/knightcite/index.php?standard=APA
- General Writing Resources
Posted by sbozarth2 on August 2, 2016
- American Psychological Association Accredited Programs
- APA-Accredited Doctoral Programs in Professional Psychology — http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/programs/accred-professional.aspx
- Map of Social-Personality Psychology Graduate Programs — http://www.socialpsychology.org/maps/gradprograms/ [Social Psychology Network]
- Alphabetical list of schools that maintain a web page for their program in social psychology.
- American Psychological Association of Graduate Students — http://www.apa.org/apags/
Posted by sbozarth2 on December 8, 2010
- Testing and Assessment — http://www.apa.org/science/programs/testing/index.aspx [American Psychological Association] — Guide by the American Psychological Association on testing and assessment. Includes a guide to finding information about published and unpublished tests, Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing and links to other testing related sites.
- Mental Measurement Yearbook — http://voyager.lib.csub.edu/cgi-bin/mental_pre.pl — Mental Measurements Yearbook, produced by the Buros Institute, contains fulltext information about and reviews of all English-language standardized tests covering educational skills, personality, vocational aptitude, psychology, and related areas. It is the most important source for information about published standardized tests.